We understand that buying a home may be the largest purchase that any of us make in our lifetime. We know that you are probably in love with the house, you wouldn’t have put an offer in on it and signed the contract if you didn’t. From first time buyers to seasoned professional investors – we can help!
A good understanding of the condition of the property is important in reducing the home buying stress by helping you make a sound buying decision that supports your goals and desires. We are here to be like a trusted big brother going through the home starting on the roof and ending at the foundation with stops at every system in between. We can help!
We can help by providing a through, unbiased and unemotional inspection of your property. You may have fallen in love with the granite counter tops or the over-sized marble floor tile laid on the diagonal with no grout lines. But what did you think about the type of attic construction? What about those missing tiles or shingles that you can’t see from the ground? We take a much deeper and more detailed look. You’ll know a lot more about the house after our inspection than you do now!
Our inspection and report is similar to an EKG you receive at your family doctor’s office. Our report, as an EKG, may indicate a need for further analysis, repair or maintenance. We can put the results in perspective to help you with your buying decision.
We are here to help you through the process. We can promise you that you will not find a more thorough inspection team. Our inspectors perform the inspection with your best interests as a home owner and home buyer in mind. We will take the time to make sure you understand the condition of the home you are about to purchase. We don’t do this because we have to, we do this because we want to.
Don’t just take it from us, see what the rest of the internet is saying:
Tips from Your Inspector Guy
- Your home is likely the most expensive purchase of your life. We understand that you are looking to save money where possible. However, going for a discount home inspection may not be the best place to pinch a few pennies.
The process, scheduling, what now?
- Congratulations! You’ve found a property. Now let us help you take the important step in scheduling a thorough Your Inspector Guy home inspection.
- Read through our website – most of your questions will be answered here. If not, give us a call. We can help make sure you have what you need for a smooth closing!
- Work closely with your professional real estate agent to coordinate any other requirement we can help you with.
- Work closely with your insurance and mortgage agents. They may require other inspections not limited to Wind Mitigation, Four Point or Wood Destroying Organisms (Termite) inspections. See the insurance tab for more information on these type inspections.
- Contact us for scheduling – the earliest time in your inspection period the better. Your inspection period will be defined in your offer to buy.
- We will send confirmation and other paperwork via email. Review the information, electronically sign our agreement.
- You’ve made the best decision possible in letting us help you.
- A qualified professional inspector or inspector team will arrive at the property as scheduled. You are invited, but not obligated, to attend the inspection. Your real estate agent can guide you.
- If you are attending the inspection (which we recommend) we will walk you through the final steps in making sure the inspection paperwork is in order.
- Your inspector will conduct a very thorough roof to foundation inspection using our unique inspection process.
- At the conclusion of the inspection your inspector will answer any final questions.
- You can expect to receive an electronic copy of the report within 24 hours, usually the same day.
- You will receive an electronic copy of any reports ordered after final review and quality assurance checks – usually well within 24 hours.
Read more about our comprehensive inspection report here…
- Darrel is knowledgeable, professional, thorough, and extremely helpful. I am just moving to Boynton Beach and have run into a lot of things I didn't know about buying a house in Florida. Darrell knew what I needed and gave a fair price. Since the inspection I've probably had a million questions about various things and Darrell has gone above and beyond to not only answer my questions but recommend people to get estimates from. He has responded to every question, most of the time immediately. I would recommend them to anyone and will use them again!
-Peggy Parrish via Google
- Darrel Abbey is by far and without a doubt the best home inspector I have ever encountered. He is extremely thorough and generally a pleasure to be around. Darrel showed up early and went above and beyond to assist me outside of the direct inspection with his local knowledge. His inspection report was detailed, easy to read, and very clearly deciphered between major and minor issues. Additionally, his equipment is top of the line, and something you won't have the benefit of with all inspectors, and still his prices are extremely competitive. I'm thrilled I was referred to him.
-Blair Barton via Google
- Very thorough & professional! I signed a contract for my new home purchase on 4/17 and by 4/22 Your Inspector Guy was performing the inspection. He is extremely detail oriented and didn't miss anything! Their price is comparable to what they do and worth every penny!
- Most people in the technical service industry really has a difficult time in explaining or translating what they are doing to individual(s) who don’t work or have an understanding of the same. However, what I respect and appreciate about Jennifer (not to single her out but she was the one conducting the process) was that she take the time in using simple analogies that makes very easy to follow and understood the nature of the work being completed by her. Hence, I am recommending anyone who maybe considering on using this company for any of the many service(s) they provide to right ahead and use them. Thank you.
- These company saved me from buying a home that would've been a nightmare. They found what most inspectors wouldn't. I'm really grateful.
- Daniel Morales
- Your Inspector Guy has recently completed three separate inspections on our properties and each one was first class. Jennifer has amazing knowledge, experience and a tenacious desire to cover every square inch that must be inspected and evaluated. Jennifer located important flaws and issues in the properties in places that other inspectors missed completely. And the reports that we receive from the company are amazingly complete with numerous photos of problem areas and in-depth conversations on what should be done to correct the problems. Those reports are generated by the end of the day of the actual inspection, so we don't have to wait around for any reason. As owners of multiple properties we rely on Your Inspector Guy and their determination to leave no stone unturned to provide us with 100% of the information we need for buying and maintaining a property. As an extra plus, their pricing is reasonable, and the entire process is agreeable and satisfying. We highly recommend Your Inspector Guy.
- Lawrence Bonner
- Guy is an Affiliate of JTHS Association of Realtors as a Home Inspector. My clients have used Guy's services and been completely satisfied. Guy's professionalism helps ME, Help my clients get to the closing table!
Sharon Scott, REALTOR - SSRS at Coldwell Banker Real Estate Jupiter Florida
- Guy has done inspections for several of my clients and they were ALL extremely pleased with his thoroughness attention to detail.
-Thom Montrois, RE/MAX Properties
- I wish I could choose more than 3 best attributes to describe Guy's work. In addition to being reliable, punctual, and extremely personable, his work is impeccable. He is extremely thorough in his home inspections, taking photographs and detailed notes for the client's reference. He is also available for follow-up questions. I feel confident hiring Guy to do my home inspections, knowing that my clients will know exactly what they're buying. And, for my own reference, he is more than happy to explain to me any issues he finds during an inspection, so that I can review the results in detail with my clients.
I fully recommend Guy Hartman and Your Inspector Guy for your home inspection needs, whether you are a homebuyer, seller, or a real estate professional.
-David D'Onofrio, RE/MAX Properties
- I have recommended Guy to my customers repeatedly. They are always very satisfied with his inspection reports and feel that the inspection is complete and thorough. He takes the time to speak with them and answer any questions they may have. He is extremely knowledgable and trustworthy. Sincerely, Kristen
-Kristen Danzig, Realtor Jupiter & Juno Beach
- Simply, Guy is a thorough and knowledgeable home inspector. But what continually impresses me is Guy's ability to convey his findings in layman's terms, which not only educates clients and agents, but more importantly, calms the often anxious homebuyer. He is prompt, polite and a joy to work with. I use Guy on my personal purchases and always recommend him to my real estate clients.
-Katherine Scarim, Island Bridge Realty
- Guy Hartman at Your Inspector Guy Home Inspection Services provides consistent and excellent service in this industry. He has outstanding knowledge in his field and provides the client with an indepth report of the inspection and readily follows up with clients' questions. His assessment of issues which need to be addressed are handled in a professional manner without bias.
- Rosanne Tramonti, Coldwell Banker
- Great at what they do! They are always very honest and professional. And give great advice! Thanks Your Inspector Guy!
- Darrel did a great job in my latest inspection. On time, courteous and patient with my clients many questions ! I definitely recommend them.
-Emel Onur, LEAD Consulting Group
- As first time home buyers we were nervous going into the home inspection. Thank goodness we chose Guy and Darrel. They did a wonderful job and we could not be happier.
- Johnny and Brogan
- I have been using GUY for my inspections for a couple of years and he does an awesome job, my buyers and I have always been pleased.
- David McCallar, Golden Bear Realty