As a home seller there are many advantages to getting an inspection done before listing your home for sale. First and foremost a pre-listing inspection will help make sure that there aren’t going to be any big surprises on inspection day when the potential buyer has their inspector at the property. We’ve all heard the dreaded term “deal killers”. Getting an inspection before hand will help you have a better understanding of the property you are listing and what things the other inspector may find.
Secondly, once you are armed with the information on the condition of your property you can take action and fix the deficiencies found on your pre-listing inspection. This way, those deficiencies will be a non issue.
Also, if you fix the problems before listing the house, you are doing it on your dime. Which can be a much cheaper way to have the fixes done. Some of the work you may be able to perform yourself, or if you have to hire something out you have the time to shop around and find a good price on whatever service you are looking for. Compare that to how things work when the house is under contract. If the buyers inspector finds the issues then the buyer might stipulate that they want their contractor to do the repairs which could be a much more expensive proposition.
Tips from Your Inspector Guy
- We always recommend using licensed professionals when applicable.
- We recommend consulting with your realtor about disclosure regulations and policies.
- When listing your property for sale you can advertise the property as already having been inspected. However, keep in mind that this can be a double-edged sword. The buyer will most likely have their own inspection done anyway, and the buyers inspector is going to work harder than ever to find everything he/she can to make sure they don’t miss something that your listing inspector found.
- Most insurance companies nowadays are requiring a wind mitigation assessment on just about every property they quote. If you want to add another bullet to your sales gun, consider getting a wind mitigation done and offering it to the potential buyer as an added value. It will save your buyer time and money, both of which sweeten the deal. Read more about insurance inspections here…
- Guy is an Affiliate of JTHS Association of Realtors as a Home Inspector. My clients have used Guy's services and been completely satisfied. Guy's professionalism helps ME, Help my clients get to the closing table! Sharon Scott, REALTOR - SSRS at Coldwell Banker Real Estate Jupiter Florida
- Guy has done inspections for several of my clients and they were ALL extremely pleased with his thoroughness attention to detail. -Thom Montrois, RE/MAX Properties
- I wish I could choose more than 3 best attributes to describe Guy's work. In addition to being reliable, punctual, and extremely personable, his work is impeccable. He is extremely thorough in his home inspections, taking photographs and detailed notes for the client's reference. He is also available for follow-up questions. I feel confident hiring Guy to do my home inspections, knowing that my clients will know exactly what they're buying. And, for my own reference, he is more than happy to explain to me any issues he finds during an inspection, so that I can review the results in detail with my clients. I fully recommend Guy Hartman and Your Inspector Guy for your home inspection needs, whether you are a homebuyer, seller, or a real estate professional. -David D'Onofrio, RE/MAX Properties
- I have recommended Guy to my customers repeatedly. They are always very satisfied with his inspection reports and feel that the inspection is complete and thorough. He takes the time to speak with them and answer any questions they may have. He is extremely knowledgable and trustworthy. Sincerely, Kristen -Kristen Danzig, Realtor Jupiter & Juno Beach
- Simply, Guy is a thorough and knowledgeable home inspector. But what continually impresses me is Guy's ability to convey his findings in layman's terms, which not only educates clients and agents, but more importantly, calms the often anxious homebuyer. He is prompt, polite and a joy to work with. I use Guy on my personal purchases and always recommend him to my real estate clients. -Katherine Scarim, Island Bridge Realty
- Guy Hartman at Your Inspector Guy Home Inspection Services provides consistent and excellent service in this industry. He has outstanding knowledge in his field and provides the client with an indepth report of the inspection and readily follows up with clients' questions. His assessment of issues which need to be addressed are handled in a professional manner without bias. - Rosanne Tramonti, Coldwell Banker
- Great at what they do! They are always very honest and professional. And give great advice! Thanks Your Inspector Guy! -Kassy
- Darrel did a great job in my latest inspection. On time, courteous and patient with my clients many questions ! I definitely recommend them. -Emel Onur, LEAD Consulting Group
- As first time home buyers we were nervous going into the home inspection. Thank goodness we chose Guy and Darrel. They did a wonderful job and we could not be happier. - Johnny and Brogan
- I have been using GUY for my inspections for a couple of years and he does an awesome job, my buyers and I have always been pleased. - David McCallar, Golden Bear Realty