As a home seller there are many advantages to getting an inspection done before listing your home for sale. First and foremost a pre-listing inspection will help make sure that there aren’t going to be any big surprises on inspection day when the potential buyer has their inspector at the property. We’ve all heard the dreaded term “deal killers”. Getting an inspection before hand will help you have a better understanding of the property you are listing and what things the other inspector may find.
Secondly, once you are armed with the information on the condition of your property you can take action and fix the deficiencies found on your pre-listing inspection. This way, those deficiencies will be a non issue.
Also, if you fix the problems before listing the house, you are doing it on your dime. Which can be a much cheaper way to have the fixes done. Some of the work you may be able to perform yourself, or if you have to hire something out you have the time to shop around and find a good price on whatever service you are looking for. Compare that to how things work when the house is under contract. If the buyers inspector finds the issues then the buyer might stipulate that they want their contractor to do the repairs which could be a much more expensive proposition.
Tips from Your Inspector Guy
- We always recommend using licensed professionals when applicable.
- We recommend consulting with your realtor about disclosure regulations and policies.
- When listing your property for sale you can advertise the property as already having been inspected. However, keep in mind that this can be a double-edged sword. The buyer will most likely have their own inspection done anyway, and the buyers inspector is going to work harder than ever to find everything he/she can to make sure they don’t miss something that your listing inspector found.
- Most insurance companies nowadays are requiring a wind mitigation assessment on just about every property they quote. If you want to add another bullet to your sales gun, consider getting a wind mitigation done and offering it to the potential buyer as an added value. It will save your buyer time and money, both of which sweeten the deal. Read more about insurance inspections here…
- Darrel is knowledgeable, professional, thorough, and extremely helpful. I am just moving to Boynton Beach and have run into a lot of things I didn't know about buying a house in Florida. Darrell knew what I needed and gave a fair price. Since the inspection I've probably had a million questions about various things and Darrell has gone above and beyond to not only answer my questions but recommend people to get estimates from. He has responded to every question, most of the time immediately. I would recommend them to anyone and will use them again!
-Peggy Parrish via Google
- Darrel Abbey is by far and without a doubt the best home inspector I have ever encountered. He is extremely thorough and generally a pleasure to be around. Darrel showed up early and went above and beyond to assist me outside of the direct inspection with his local knowledge. His inspection report was detailed, easy to read, and very clearly deciphered between major and minor issues. Additionally, his equipment is top of the line, and something you won't have the benefit of with all inspectors, and still his prices are extremely competitive. I'm thrilled I was referred to him.
-Blair Barton via Google
- Very thorough & professional! I signed a contract for my new home purchase on 4/17 and by 4/22 Your Inspector Guy was performing the inspection. He is extremely detail oriented and didn't miss anything! Their price is comparable to what they do and worth every penny!
- Most people in the technical service industry really has a difficult time in explaining or translating what they are doing to individual(s) who don’t work or have an understanding of the same. However, what I respect and appreciate about Jennifer (not to single her out but she was the one conducting the process) was that she take the time in using simple analogies that makes very easy to follow and understood the nature of the work being completed by her. Hence, I am recommending anyone who maybe considering on using this company for any of the many service(s) they provide to right ahead and use them. Thank you.
- These company saved me from buying a home that would've been a nightmare. They found what most inspectors wouldn't. I'm really grateful.
- Daniel Morales
- Your Inspector Guy has recently completed three separate inspections on our properties and each one was first class. Jennifer has amazing knowledge, experience and a tenacious desire to cover every square inch that must be inspected and evaluated. Jennifer located important flaws and issues in the properties in places that other inspectors missed completely. And the reports that we receive from the company are amazingly complete with numerous photos of problem areas and in-depth conversations on what should be done to correct the problems. Those reports are generated by the end of the day of the actual inspection, so we don't have to wait around for any reason. As owners of multiple properties we rely on Your Inspector Guy and their determination to leave no stone unturned to provide us with 100% of the information we need for buying and maintaining a property. As an extra plus, their pricing is reasonable, and the entire process is agreeable and satisfying. We highly recommend Your Inspector Guy.
- Lawrence Bonner
- Guy is an Affiliate of JTHS Association of Realtors as a Home Inspector. My clients have used Guy's services and been completely satisfied. Guy's professionalism helps ME, Help my clients get to the closing table!
Sharon Scott, REALTOR - SSRS at Coldwell Banker Real Estate Jupiter Florida
- Guy has done inspections for several of my clients and they were ALL extremely pleased with his thoroughness attention to detail.
-Thom Montrois, RE/MAX Properties
- I wish I could choose more than 3 best attributes to describe Guy's work. In addition to being reliable, punctual, and extremely personable, his work is impeccable. He is extremely thorough in his home inspections, taking photographs and detailed notes for the client's reference. He is also available for follow-up questions. I feel confident hiring Guy to do my home inspections, knowing that my clients will know exactly what they're buying. And, for my own reference, he is more than happy to explain to me any issues he finds during an inspection, so that I can review the results in detail with my clients.
I fully recommend Guy Hartman and Your Inspector Guy for your home inspection needs, whether you are a homebuyer, seller, or a real estate professional.
-David D'Onofrio, RE/MAX Properties
- I have recommended Guy to my customers repeatedly. They are always very satisfied with his inspection reports and feel that the inspection is complete and thorough. He takes the time to speak with them and answer any questions they may have. He is extremely knowledgable and trustworthy. Sincerely, Kristen
-Kristen Danzig, Realtor Jupiter & Juno Beach
- Simply, Guy is a thorough and knowledgeable home inspector. But what continually impresses me is Guy's ability to convey his findings in layman's terms, which not only educates clients and agents, but more importantly, calms the often anxious homebuyer. He is prompt, polite and a joy to work with. I use Guy on my personal purchases and always recommend him to my real estate clients.
-Katherine Scarim, Island Bridge Realty
- Guy Hartman at Your Inspector Guy Home Inspection Services provides consistent and excellent service in this industry. He has outstanding knowledge in his field and provides the client with an indepth report of the inspection and readily follows up with clients' questions. His assessment of issues which need to be addressed are handled in a professional manner without bias.
- Rosanne Tramonti, Coldwell Banker
- Great at what they do! They are always very honest and professional. And give great advice! Thanks Your Inspector Guy!
- Darrel did a great job in my latest inspection. On time, courteous and patient with my clients many questions ! I definitely recommend them.
-Emel Onur, LEAD Consulting Group
- As first time home buyers we were nervous going into the home inspection. Thank goodness we chose Guy and Darrel. They did a wonderful job and we could not be happier.
- Johnny and Brogan
- I have been using GUY for my inspections for a couple of years and he does an awesome job, my buyers and I have always been pleased.
- David McCallar, Golden Bear Realty